Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Been: A long five minutes

So I'm drinking this glucose drink in order to get my diabetic testing done in 45 minutes.  This stuff doesn't look too bad on the outside, even the first sip isn't too bad.  But man, when you get to the bottom, it gets a little rough to digest.  I feel dizzy.  Hmm..Do I really have to drink this last sip? Sick.

Hopefully that salad and black bean soup I just ate won't be a problem.  I stayed away from sugar today, and its 1:21pm. I gotta tell you it was harder than I thought---everything has sugar in it! I mean, even my daily cereal, which isn't a sugary cereal, has sugar in it.  So my food consumption has consisted of eggs and oatmeal (which I think probably has a little sugar in it, but not as much as my cereal), a salad w almonds and mushrooms and other veggies, and a 1/2 cup black bean soup.  I'm hoping that is good enough to help me pass this test bc I sure as hell dont want to go sit and do it again for three hours!

Well, wish me luck--I will let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. bless my little colton! and you of course! call me when you leave! love you!

    ReplyDelete