Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's Been: Bad News along with Good News

So...I failed my glucose test.  As I told you, I ate some food that day, not sure if that made a difference or not, but when I went in, she pricked my finger and told me right then and there that I failed.  My heart sunk, I had only heard horror stories about 'the three hour' test.  So a weekend went by and I had to go back on Tuesday for the three hour.  I packed my work laptop, a book, and met my mom at the office.  She came with me for moral support, which I am so thankful for b/c she really helped the time pass by as quickly as possible.

So I got there at 9am, they took a tube of blood and I had to drink that orange crap again.  Being I was on am empty stomach, wasn't allowed to eat a thing or drink a sip of water after midnight, the orange crap tasted even worse this time, like a flavored syrup-sick! So I had to sit there, feeling nauseous for an hour, then at 10am, got another tube taken.  After that had another tube taken at 11 then another at noon.  All while I sat in the waiting room starving and soooo thirsty.  Along with needing to pee every five minutes, a pregnant women can't get enough water and making her go thirsty for 12 hours doesn't suit well.  Finally when noon got there, after my last tube my mom and I zoomed as quickly as possible and headed for Skyline chili for a cheese coney, a greek salad and a coke!

The next day I got a call from the doctors office and when I saw their numbers on my phone, my stomach sunk.  I slowly and cautiously answered the phone, with a soft 'hello' and the other line said "You passed with flying colors!"  Those were the nicest five words I had heard in a long ass time!  So now I'm back to eating ice cream and chocolate and Colton is enjoying every morsel!

No comments:

Post a Comment